Monday, August 8, 2011

That can't be right....




I do believe that our long stretch of hot days has finally been broken. According to the National Weather Service site, it's 68 degrees out there... at noon! I may need to dig out my coat soon! It hasn't been that cool in the middle of the day in close to three months. And certainly in the past few weeks it has more likely been closer to the mid and upper 90s. This is a nice break from the heat; and the rain we've been getting these last few days has really helped. It's humid, but that's OK. I even went for a walk down by the Finley during my lunch hour. I haven't been able to do that for most of June and all of July... unless I wanted to come back to the office soaked. Very nice. As much as I love summer, I think everyone was ready for a break. Hopefully Texas and Oklahoma & Kansas will get some cooling their way soon, also. Even with all of the 100 degree days we've seen lately, compared to them... we've had it kinda easy.



I just checked the weather for Dallas, and it's 99 right now, with highs at or above 100 degrees forecast for the rest of the week. Dang.

No comments: