Sunday, June 5, 2011

Zeke... goodbye baby.

"Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our lives. Yet, if they find warmth therein, who would begrudge them those years that they have so guarded? And whatever they take, be sure they have deserved." John Galsworthy

"Remember dad... he lived the doggie dream." Patricia Thompson Winters

"I do wish I could have hugged that big ol' neck one more time, though. Sweet boy." Patricia Thompson Winters

Gabriel and Zeke out in the back yard, enjoying the nice weather. Spring 2011

Zeke, in the fall of 2010. It appears that he was reflecting on a life well lived. But more than likely, he was probably thinking "I'm hungry. You know... if they really loved me, they would bring my supper to me out here, so I wouldn't have to get up and go all the way to the garage".

Zeke... Spring 1998. As Patricia used to say, what a handsome boy you are!


March, 1999. Playing in the early Spring snow out in the front yard.


Gabriel, Zeke and Pam. March 22, 2008. Zeke had had some minor surgery just a couple of days before... that's why he was wearing the t-shirt. He liked it.




Summer, 2000



we will miss you always.

2 comments:

saramaria said...

He will be missed.

Tricia said...

oh dad... that quote could surely do me in, if i let it... "who would begrudge them those years so guarded...and whatever they take, be sure they have deserved." that hurts my heart.